Looking for a tasty Hawaiian recipe to make on your grill? You’ll love this recipe for Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Skewers that’s simple to make and tastes awesome!
This Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Skewers recipe contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something from one of my affiliate links, I may earn a small commission that goes back into maintaining this blog.
We love getting our kids to help out in the kitchen as much as possible.
They went to a Montessori preschool where they learned how to chop, so they love practicing on veggies.
This is an easy meal to make with kids. They can help measure and pour to make the teriyaki sauce, chop all the vegetables, and assemble the skewers.
And if you’re short on time, you can always substitute your favorite pre-made teriyaki sauce (our family favorite is Hawaiian Huli Huli sauce.)
We usually serve it with Pineapple Fried Rice, but you can also do potatoes.
This is also an awesome camping recipe to make! Just prep all the items before your trip so all you have to do is assemble and cook!
Ok, ready to dive in?
Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Recipe
Cook Time: 10-15 min
Hawaiian BBQ Beef Ingredients
- 2 lbs sirloin steak cut into 1” pieces
- 2 red poblano pepper cut into 1” pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 1” pieces
- 1/2 pineapple cut into 1” pieces
Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp sugar (or other sweetener)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
How to Make Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
1. In a saucepan, add all ingredients for the teriyaki sauce except the sesame seeds on medium heat.
2. Allow to simmer 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the sesame seeds. Let cool 20 min in fridge.
3. Marinate steak in teriyaki 1 hour.
4. Thread steak, pepper, onion, and pineapple through skewer.
5. Grill 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and meat is browned
And that’s it!
Now you have a tasty and healthy dinner option that you can feel good about serving to your family.
Teriyaki Beef Skewers FAQs
You can really use any kind you like. For this Hawaiian teriyaki beef recipe, we used sirloin because it tends to be on sale and our kids like it. You can also use Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, or Rib Eyes.
Usually, teriyaki beef is served with white sticky rice. But, you can also serve it over stir fried noodles or even mashed potatoes.
Yes, if you don’t want to cook these teriyaki beef skewers on the grill, you can definitely cook them in your oven or toaster oven. Just be sure to soak wooden skewers just like you would for the grill (otherwise, they might catch on fire.)